Bio

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why did you write a Korean War novel?

It's a question I am often asked.

It is usually asked by people who don't know me too well, don't know that I have been in Korea for as long as I have, or don't know that from 2000-2003 I was covering Korean War commemoration events in Korea for the Korea Times.

Actually, the book I am working on now, at least a section of Waking up in the Land of the Morning Calm was going to be my debut book, albeit a non-fiction one when I thought about what kind of writing project I could do for the 60th anniversary of the Korean War.

All I know is that I just wanted to do something for the 60th anniversary of the conflict and to honor all those who fought and participated in the war as well as their family members. In a way it was my way of saying "thanks" and honoring all veterans and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...