Bio

Friday, January 7, 2011

Retrieving Bones -- Stories and Poems of the Korean War


This was the book that started it all.

It was back in early February 2000 when I first came across this book in the Kyobo Book Centre in downtown Seoul. At the time I was a regular contributor to the Korea Times' Thoughts of the Times column in the Op-ed section and I thought that maybe I could do a book review; after all, it was the 50th anniversary year of the start of the Korean War.

This book and the subsequent book review led me on an amazing three-year journey as I "discovered" a forgotten war, just as much as Michael does in War Remains.

I owe a lot to his book and the veterans who penned the stories and poems inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...